CCSG support of research nurses and clinical research associates dedicated to the conduct and completion of innovative, feasibility or proof-of-principle clinical trials proposed by Cancer Center Programs is critical for SJCRH's continued contribution to pediatric oncology. The Cancer Center leadership is dedicated to protocolspecific research and only trials considered to be of the highest priority are supported by this resource. Our commitment to protocol-based research is illustrated in Summary Table 3 in section 7.0 of this grant application. That table shows that for the index year of October 1, 2005 through September 30, 2006, of 373 patients presenting to St. Jude, 247 (66%) were treated on a therapeutic clinical trial as part of their initial treatment at St. Jude. Eighty-five (85%) of these enrollments were Cancer Center protocols, with the remaining 15% on industry or national protocols. In addition, of the 247 patients enrolling on therapeutic trials during the index year, 56 (23%) were also treated on more than one trial, resulting in 312 therapeutic enrollments. This is largely a result of St. Jude's concentrated effort to recruit previously treated patients to St. Jude for our Phase l/ll Developmental Therapeutics Program. Finally, the 373 patients presenting during the index year also contributed to 549 non-therapeutic enrollments, for a total of 861 protocol enrollments during the index year.

Agency
National Institute of Health (NIH)
Institute
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Type
Center Core Grants (P30)
Project #
3P30CA021765-34W1
Application #
8738021
Study Section
Special Emphasis Panel (ZCA1-RTRB-Z)
Project Start
2012-03-01
Project End
2014-02-28
Budget Start
2012-03-01
Budget End
2013-02-28
Support Year
34
Fiscal Year
2013
Total Cost
$800
Indirect Cost
$343
Name
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
Department
Type
DUNS #
067717892
City
Memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Zip Code
38105
Wu, Jianrong (2015) Power and sample size for randomized phase III survival trials under the Weibull model. J Biopharm Stat 25:16-28
Serinagaoglu, Yelda; Paré, Joshua; Giovannini, Marco et al. (2015) Nf2-Yap signaling controls the expansion of DRG progenitors and glia during DRG development. Dev Biol 398:97-109
Kimberg, Cara I; Klosky, James L; Zhang, Nan et al. (2015) Predictors of health care utilization in adult survivors of childhood cancer exposed to central nervous system-directed therapy. Cancer 121:774-82
Bhojwani, Deepa; McCarville, Mary B; Choi, John K et al. (2015) The role of FDG-PET/CT in the evaluation of residual disease in paediatric non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Br J Haematol 168:845-53
Chamdine, Omar; Gaur, Aditya H; Broniscer, Alberto (2015) Effective treatment of cerebral mucormycosis associated with brain surgery. Pediatr Infect Dis J 34:542-3
Karol, Seth E; Coustan-Smith, Elaine; Cao, Xueyuan et al. (2015) Prognostic factors in children with acute myeloid leukaemia and excellent response to remission induction therapy. Br J Haematol 168:94-101
Chan, W K; Suwannasaen, D; Throm, R E et al. (2015) Chimeric antigen receptor-redirected CD45RA-negative T cells have potent antileukemia and pathogen memory response without graft-versus-host activity. Leukemia 29:387-95
Gawade, Prasad L; Oeffinger, Kevin C; Sklar, Charles A et al. (2015) Lifestyle, distress, and pregnancy outcomes in the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study cohort. Am J Obstet Gynecol 212:47.e1-10
Momani, Tha'er G; Mandrell, Belinda N; Gattuso, Jami S et al. (2015) Children's perspective on health-related quality of life during active treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukemia: an advanced content analysis approach. Cancer Nurs 38:49-58
Dodd, K; Nance, S; Quezada, M et al. (2015) Tumor-derived inducible heat-shock protein 70 (HSP70) is an essential component of anti-tumor immunity. Oncogene 34:1312-22

Showing the most recent 10 out of 5513 publications