OSUCCC Administration, rated as """"""""Outstanding to Excellent"""""""" in 1999 and """"""""Outstanding"""""""" in 2004, is responsible for the accounting, finance, human resources, information systems, meeting planning, grants administration, document preparation, procurement, travel, marketing and facilities management required to support the operations of the OSUCCC. Since 2004, The OSUCCC Administration infrastructure has expanded from 30.6 FTEs to 59 FTEs in order to adequately support: 1) a 72% increase in NCI funding and a 35% increase in overall peer-reviewed, cancer-relevant grant funding;2) an increase in the number of shared resources, from 16 to 18 with 2 more in development;3) the recruitment of 159 new cancer faculty;4) increased inter- and intra-programmatic research activities including 41 funded and/or newly submitted POl, P50, U01, U10, SPORE and Tobacco Settlement grant applications;5) over a 274% increase in investigator-initiated clinical trial accrual;6) management of approximately 300,000 square feet of research and administration space and ongoing planning efforts for the construction of an additional 125,000 nsf of new research space by 2016;and, 7) expanded planning and evaluation activities. Overall, the responsibility of OSUCCC Administration continues to be to support and facilitate the conduct of leading-edge cancer research. The CCC administrative support offices were relocated in 2006 from space within the Martha Morehouse Medical Complex to the Ackerman facility located 0.3 miles from the OSUCCC research and medical facilities. The Ackerman facility provides 13,000 nsf (a 217% increase in space) of centralized and fully equipped office space to comfortably accommodate the large administrative team while also providing room for future growth. In addition to full tele- and videoconferencing capabilities, a continuous shuttle service provides convenient and efficient access for Administration to all OSUCCC members and staff. As detailed in the table at the end of this section, in year 1 of the 2010 CCSG renewal, we are requesting funding for 6.75 of the 59 FTEs comprising OSUCCC Administration. In dollars, the CCSG request would fund 14.8% of the total OSUCCC Administration costs with the remaining 85.2% being institutionally supported. Overall, in year 1, Administration represents 10.9% ofthe total CCSG budget request.

Agency
National Institute of Health (NIH)
Institute
National Cancer Institute (NCI)
Type
Center Core Grants (P30)
Project #
5P30CA016058-38
Application #
8601803
Study Section
Subcommittee G - Education (NCI)
Project Start
Project End
Budget Start
2013-12-01
Budget End
2014-11-30
Support Year
38
Fiscal Year
2014
Total Cost
$419,142
Indirect Cost
$144,295
Name
Ohio State University
Department
Type
DUNS #
832127323
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Zip Code
43210
Stover, Daniel G; Parsons, Heather A; Ha, Gavin et al. (2018) Association of Cell-Free DNA Tumor Fraction and Somatic Copy Number Alterations With Survival in Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer. J Clin Oncol 36:543-553
Kelly, Rachel S; Lasky-Su, Jessica; Yeung, Sai-Ching J et al. (2018) Integrative omics to detect bacteremia in patients with febrile neutropenia. PLoS One 13:e0197049
Straus, David J; Jung, Sin-Ho; Pitcher, Brandelyn et al. (2018) CALGB 50604: risk-adapted treatment of nonbulky early-stage Hodgkin lymphoma based on interim PET. Blood 132:1013-1021
Kim, Yangjin; Yoo, Ji Young; Lee, Tae Jin et al. (2018) Complex role of NK cells in regulation of oncolytic virus-bortezomib therapy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 115:4927-4932
Wang, Xinmei; Kwak, Kwang Joo; Yang, Zhaogang et al. (2018) Extracellular mRNA detected by molecular beacons in tethered lipoplex nanoparticles for diagnosis of human hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS One 13:e0198552
Callahan, Catherine L; Bonner, Matthew R; Nie, Jing et al. (2018) Lifetime exposure to ambient air pollution and methylation of tumor suppressor genes in breast tumors. Environ Res 161:418-424
Gopalakrishnan, Bhavani; Cheney, Carolyn; Mani, Rajeswaran et al. (2018) Polo-like kinase inhibitor volasertib marginally enhances the efficacy of the novel Fc-engineered anti-CD33 antibody BI 836858 in acute myeloid leukemia. Oncotarget 9:9706-9713
Hankey, William; Frankel, Wendy L; Groden, Joanna (2018) Functions of the APC tumor suppressor protein dependent and independent of canonical WNT signaling: implications for therapeutic targeting. Cancer Metastasis Rev 37:159-172
Felix, A S; Brasky, T M; Cohn, D E et al. (2018) Endometrial carcinoma recurrence according to race and ethnicity: An NRG Oncology/Gynecologic Oncology Group 210 Study. Int J Cancer 142:1102-1115
Jacobsen, Paul B; DeRosa, Antonio P; Henderson, Tara O et al. (2018) Systematic Review of the Impact of Cancer Survivorship Care Plans on Health Outcomes and Health Care Delivery. J Clin Oncol 36:2088-2100

Showing the most recent 10 out of 2602 publications